Want to dial up your daily routine? Our Pancrafted® Mexican Vanilla Dark Chocolate Almonds give classic biscotti an unexpected kick and crunch, making them the perfect pairing with your morning coffee, afternoon latte or after-dinner espresso. Get the recipe below.
Makes: Approximately 36 biscotti
Time: 20 minutes prep, 40 minutes cook
– 3 cups all-purpose flour
– 2 tsp baking powder
– 1/4 tsp salt
– 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into small pieces 1/2 cup sugar
– 1/2 cup lightly packed light brown sugar
– 3 large eggs
– 1 tsp vanilla
– 1-1/3 cups Marich® Mexican Vanilla Dark Chocolate Almonds
Spicy Cinnamon Sugar
– 3 Tbsp sugar
– 1-1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
– 1/8 tsp ground red pepper (cayenne)
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Combine flour, baking powder, salt in medium bowl. Combine Spicy Cinnamon Sugar ingredients in small bowl. Set aside.
3. Place butter and sugars in a large mixing bowl, beat on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat on low speed until well blended. Gradually add flour mixture, beating just until combined, creating a soft, slightly sticky dough. Stir in Mexican Vanilla Dark Chocolate Almonds.
4. With lightly floured hands, divide dough into thirds and shape into 9-inch long x 1-1/2-inches wide x 3/4-inch high logs on prepared baking sheet, allowing 4 inches between each log as they will spread when baking.
5. Bake 20 minutes until lightly browned. Tops of the logs will be soft to the touch when pulled from the oven. Remove baking sheet from oven, reduce oven temperature to 300°F. Sprinkle logs with spicy cinnamon sugar and allow to cool 10 minutes.
6. Slide logs onto a cutting board and cut loaves diagonally into 3/4-inch slices. Place slices, cut side down, on baking sheet and bake 20 minutes until lightly browned, turning halfway through. Transfer slices to a rack to cool completely.