Since our founding, we have remained focused on operating at the highest standards for quality, health and food safety. With a commitment to continuous improvement, we have worked to meet and exceed industry standards. An example of this commitment is adhering to the highest global standards of quality and food safety practices recognized by our certification as an SQF Level 3 company.
With the daily changes and uncertainties related to COVID-19 (Coronavirus), I want to assure you that in addition to our commitment to quality, food safe products and a healthy, safe environment at our company, we are monitoring the current situation and referencing guidance from the CDC and related Federal and State resources.
Health & Safety
- In addition to our regular health and safety protocols, we have taken the following actions.
- Sick / Stay Home protocol in place for Marich employees, temporary employees, contractors, suppliers, etc.
- CDC Guidance on hygiene, cough & sneeze, sick/ stay home and handwashing posted in English and Spanish at key locations throughout our company
- Companywide team meetings to share insight and reinforce hygiene, sick / stay home and reminders of proper handwashing / sanitizing (aligned with our GMPs) both at work and at home as a best practice to prevent the spread of pathogens and infectious diseases
- Increased frequency of sanitizing door handles and commonly touched surfaces
- Present knowledge is that this virus, like others, is parasitic and requires a human or animal host for its survival.
- From the CDC ( https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/faq.html )
- Coronaviruses are generally thought to be spread from person-to-person through respiratory droplets. Currently there is no evidence to support transmission of COVID-19 associated with food.
Supply Chain Risk
- While there may be unknowns/delays upstream, we’ve contacted suppliers of primary materials (chocolate, sugar, starches, primary packaging providers, etc.) and confirmed that presently there are no known / anticipated supply issues. We will continue to monitor.
We remain committed to being a forward thinking, conscientious company and will continue to seek ways to ensure that we can continue to provide the finest quality products in a responsible, food safe manner.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me personally.
Brad van Dam, CEO
2101 Bert Drive – Hollister, CA. 95023 | (800) 624-7055 | (831) 624-4700 | (831) 634-4705 Fax